Friday, October 14, 2011

Chicken Katsu


Early this year I learned how to make tonkatsu (Japanese breaded port cutlet), and the whole family got addicted to it.  We loved the dish so much that I was asked to cook it every week for months.  But eventually we got over our tonkatsu addiction, and I decided to take a break from making it.  

As I was leafing through the October 2011 issue of Yummy magazine I was inspired to bring katsu back to our dinner table.  But this time instead of pork cutlets I used chicken fillets.  I loved how the chicken katsu turned out the breading was crisp while the meat inside remained tender to the bite.

Here is the link to the tonkatsu recipe, just substitute the pork with chicken or better make them both and go katsu crazy :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...