Friday, October 21, 2011

Spicy Stir-Fried Adobong Pusit



We have some left-over adobong pusit that no one was interested in eating anymore.  I guess that is what becomes to a good dish after the first day it is served, people lose their appetite for it on the second day.  But I did not want it to go to waste so I decided to reinvent and serve it for dinner.  I simply drained some of the black sauce.  Then in a pan I heated up some oil, added the adobong pusit, stir-fried it for about a minute. I added in some crushed pepper flakes, then seasoned the dish with a little brown sugar and some cayenne pepper. 

The result was a wonderful dish that still retained that beautiful adobo flavor but with a kick from the crushed peppers. So the next time there's an old dish sitting in the fridge I am going to think of  ways how I can  spruce it up. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...