Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chicken Adobo Sa Gata


My attempts to make pork and chicken adobo have not been very successful, it always turns out bland.    I've asked friends for tips and adobo recipes, but the result is always a bland dish. So bland that I usually just turn it into adobo flakes.

But with this tasty chicken adobo sa gata dish I was able to attain adobo cooking success.  The dish was bursting with flavor, you can taste the spiciness of the chilies and garlic, the richness of the coconut, and the distinct taste of vinegar.  I also loved that the chicken strips remained very tender.  The dish even tasted better the next day.

And since the dish had no soy sauce the Little Boy could have as much of it as he wanted.  He has a G6PD deficiency, so we try to limit his soy sauce intake.

I do hope that I will be able to have the same success with the traditional pork and chicken adobo. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Here is the recipe:
2 tbsps minced garlic
1 onion, minced
1 kilo chicken breasts, cut into strips
3 cups coconut milk
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbsps vinegar
1 piece of chili, chopped
1 tsp minced green onion
cooking oil

1. In a pot, saute garlic and onion in cooking oil.
2. Add chicken strips, 2cups of coconut milk, black pepper, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until chicken is tender.  Add the chili.
3. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and simmer for another 3 minutes or until sauce is thick.  Top with green onion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...