Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Left-Overs Salad"

For the last few days I've been doing a lot of good eating, but I have to confess the dishes have not been too healthy.  Fried, high calorie, high fat, high cholesterol food has been on the table since last Saturday.  So my body was craving, acutally I should say begging,  for something healthy.  So I checked the fridge to see what light and healthy dish I could make. 

I saw that there were some left-overs I could use to make a salad - corn, bell pepper, and cheese from the quesadillas made on Monday; calamansi that came with the birthday pansit we ordered on Tuesday; and homemade croutons I make last week.

I used the calamansi to make a vinaigrette.  Drizzled it over the lettuce mixed with the corn, bell pepper and cheese.  Then topped it off with the croutons.  This "left-overs salad" is exactly what I needed.  I am sure my doctor would be very happy to learn that I finally had something healthy this week.   But the weekend is fast approaching that means "good eats" again ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...