Friday, September 9, 2011

Corn and Shrimp Bisque


I have had a terrible cough for the last couple of days, so I decided to make me some soup.  I decided to cook without a recipe.  Since I had some shrimp shells in the freezer I decided to make bisque, something I have never made before. I chopped up some garlic and onion sauteed them in a pot, I added about 4 cups of water, and then threw in the shrimp shells. I let this simmer for about 10 minutes, then strained it.  In another pot I sauteed some onions, bell pepper, carrots, corn and peeled shrimps.  I then added the shrimp stock,  seasoned with some black pepper and let it simmer for 15 minutes.   The result was a wonderful merriment of flavors and textures.  The family loved the soup, the Little Girl had 3 bowls and was scrapping the bottom of her bowl. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...