Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Healthy Potato Salad


Potato salad holds a special place in my heart because my Lola Ying used to make this dish every Christmas. Her version had chicken and mayonnaise. I wanted to make a healthier but still flavorful version. I came up with potato with calamansi dressing, green onions and bell pepper.  I would not necessary serve this during Christmas because it is not a rich dish.  Instead it is a good dish to serve when you want something filling but not too high in calories and fat.  First I boil the potatoes, then chop them up.  In a bowl I combine the potatoes with the bell pepper and spring onions.  To make the dressing just slice and juice several pieces of calamansi, then stir in some honey or brown sugar.  Then pour over the potatoes, toss and season with salt and pepper.   

1 comment:

Aileen said...

I'm going to give this a try. I love potato salads...and the twist that you made seems healthier because the dressing is different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...