Friday, June 17, 2011

Eat My GF (Garlic Fries)

Their kiosk in ATC (photo taken from their Facebook page)
Since I was sick most of 2010, I have not been out much.  It is only these last couple of months that I have had the urge and the energy to go out.  I probably missed out on a lot of new restaurants and food trends.  So whenever I do go out these days I make it a point to try something new.

Last week I together with the Little Ones and my Sister-In-Law found ourselves in Alabang Town Center (ATC) in search of an exhaust fan.  How our search for an exhaust got us all the way to ATC is a story in itself, but I won't bore you with the details about that one.

When we arrived in ATC it was already merienda time, the Little Boy is the type who sticks to a schedule.  If it is his snack time you need to feed him, or else he will throw a fit.  He kept on saying "I am so hungry na, please let's eat na, please."  So we went straight to the food court, in ATC it is called Food Choices, ang sosi di ba. Got the Littile Girl her KFC Chicken Alfredo and the Little Boy his Potato Corner barbecue fries.  I was still undecided as to what I would like to have when the signage Eat My GF caught my eye.  The quirky name got my attention.  After looking over their offerings I decided to get the Virgin Chips for us to share. 


The photo above does not do justice to how flavorful and yummy these fries are.  I think they should rename it because there is nothing virginal with these chips.  Let me prove my point, first the chips are deep-fried then sprinkled with seasoned salt,  a teaspoon of  finely minced garlic is added, and finally they top it with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.  Does that sound like a virgin to you?  Believe me it was no virgin, instead it had character and a powerful flavor. In fact the chips are so flavorful that they give you a free mint with your order.   The combination of all the ingredients give this snack a deliciously complex flavor.   The Little Ones did not take to it as much as I did.  I guess they are used to their favorite Potato Corner flavored fries which are greasy and salty.  Another thing I liked  is that not much salt was added, thus making it a better snack option for someone like me who has hypertension. 

Next time I find myself in ATC I'll make it a point to try out the Pinoy GF and the Nacho Mama.  

Check out Eat My Garlic Fries in Facebook. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the stall name! Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...