Sunday, June 12, 2011

We Survived the Crocs Megasale 2011

Our loot from the Crocs Megasale

Last week I wrote about being excited to go to the Crocs Megasale in NBC tent.  After postponing going several times due to scheduling conflicts and errands that need to be done we finally went today, the last day of the sale.

This is my first ever megasale of any kind.  I am not the typical Filipino bargain shopper who would travel a great distance or spend hours in a midnight sale.  I know that there are great finds and deals at these sales but I kind of hate large crowds, it scares me.  I am the type who will avoid going to the mall if there is a megasale happening.  I admire the people who bravely go to these sales because I just can't do it.  But I had to check out the Crocs Megasale because the Little Ones really like their Crocs.  It is comfortable and stylish but has quite an expensive price tag.  So when I saw an ad last week in the Philippine Daily Inquirer about this sale I had to psyche myself in going.

Every day since the sale started I have been checking out the comments in Facebook. There were many complaints but there were also people who were quite happy with their finds. So yesterday my sister-in-law and I finally decided that we would go together.  We knew that today was the last day so we decided to come really early.  We woke up at 3:30 AM, prepared our baon of sandwiches and drinking water.  Was able to leave the house at 5:00 AM, and arrived at the NBC tent at 5:30 AM.  We were the 8th and 9th person to arrive.  Good thing there were monoblock chairs, it was going to be over 4 hours of waiting till the doors open.  

This is what the crowd looked like at around 9:00 AM. By my estimate there were over a hundred people by then.  Good thing the people in our line were composed of patient and jolly individuals.  So we chatted amongst ourselves to pass the time. We were even making fun of each other to humor ourselves during the long wait.  I passed out candies, since most of them had not had breakfast yet, and the food outlets in the area were still closed.

I admire this little girl, she was behaved during the wait.  She only got antsy about an hour before the doors were opened, which was perfectly understandable because at that time the heat was really unbearable. Our kids would never have been as patient as this girl.  If we had brought the Little Ones with us they would have been throwing a fit at the first hour.

The doors were opened at 10:20 AM.  We rushed directly to the kids section because we wanted to make sure we got the items on our list.  I am pleased that we were lucky to get everything we wanted for the kids.  The prices were further reduced and there were buy one take one items.  My sister-in-law also got a pair for herself. 

Overall my first megasale was a good experience.  I guess it really pays to be early, we were in and out in about an hour and was at home for lunch.  The Little Ones, especially the Little Girl, were so happy to see the stuff we bought.  The Little Girl is excited to wear her new Crocs and temporarily retire her old ones.   

I do hope that the organizers for next year's megasale will take note of all the comments and suggestions for improvement that were given on Facebook and other avenues.  That way next year's event will be more organized and better experience for everyone, and maybe even convert me to become a megasale bargain shopper fanatic. 


Anonymous said...

Wow, 4 hours in line, unbelievable!!!
This proved how much you love your kid/s! I have 6 pairs of crocks, so comfortable to wear.
Thel from Florida

Eileen said...

Yes Thel it was a long wait, but super worth it when the kids saw their new crocs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...