Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pasta with Ham and Cream Sauce



Since last Saturday I have not been feeling well.  Vertigo episodes have been occurring more often, plus my blood pressure has been up.  So I have been taking additional medication which makes me lethargic, and that’s how I have been for the last couple of days, spending the whole day in bed in a sluggish state.

Today I had to get out of bed to run a short errand.  When I got back home I sat down to do some paperwork when the Little Girl approached me and said “Are you feeling better na? Please make me some pasta, please.” For the past 3 days she has been requesting that I cook for her but I was in no shape to do so. I promised her last night that I would try to drop by KFC to buy her favorite Chicken Alfredo Pasta, but I forgot to, another side-effect of the medicines I tend to become forgetful.

I was going to say no to her request but I saw that cute sweet pleading face of hers.  I told her okay I’ll try my best to cook something from what I could find.  Checking the fridge and the pantry I found that we had spaghetti, some ham, cream and cheese.  So I made a simple pasta dish with ham and cream sauce.  While cooking I felt that this was going to be a bland dish since the only other ingredients I added were onion, salt and black pepper.   I told the Little Girl not to expect too much since I was not prepared to cook for her today.  When she took her first bite her face lightened up, she smiled at me and said “It’s delicious, thanks po.”  I was so touched by that, she managed to get me back in the kitchen, something that I have been wanting to do.

As I write this I am a little teary eyed, because no matter how bad I feel the Little Girl always knows how to lift my spirits.  She is a lot like me,  she does not always say I love you or is she showy and all lovey dovey.   But by just looking at her and how she finished her plate of pasta I know that she truly appreciates and loves me.  I show her my love by cooking for her and she shows me her love by eating with gusto the dishes I make J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...